This has been a whirlwind of a week! Being a canna blogger and volunteer is one thing, but an employee? Work honey!
(That’s right, don’t let a bad Netflix series make you think that dispensary life is sitting around getting stoned and complaining about the government. We still do that latter, but it’s all business baby)
This year, 420 falls on a Friday, because the cannagods are shining down on us lol. So everyday until the big day, I hope we all take one measure towards becoming more educated on cannabis, advocating, or becoming a medical cannabis patient
So, how did 420 start? According to EazySmoke.com,
“In the early 1970’s, the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, among a group of about a dozen pot smoking students who called themselves the Waldos. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke marijuana.”
I’ve found some great sites, podcasts, and to help you get ready for the big day.
- NORML-I can’t stress enough how crucial it is to support your local chapter of NORML. So I won’t, I’ll just tell you to join ASAP! www.norml.org
- Find a MMJ doctor, I highly suggest contacting your local dispensary or cannabis consultation center.
- Have conversations…religious, political, medical, or ethical. Just keep talking.
- Keep reading my blog, because I love you!
- Check out Cash Color Cannabis, an awesome podcast that is my new addiction. Mehka K. is the host with some dope guests. Trust. Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/cashcolorcannabis and search CashColorCannabis on YouTube! Check one of his interviews below:
- PLAN a trip to a recreational cannabis-legal state. Not telling you to get there by Friday lol (But if you can, holla at me). But make your next vacation a place where you explore purchasing and consuming cannabis products legally.
- SUPPORT minority cannabis businesses as much as possible!
- Speak up!! Visit the portal of the Marijuana Policy Project and enter your zip code to find your legislators! www.mpp.org/takeaction/contact-legislators/
- Visit Leafly and install the app! Strain and dispensary info, plus great articles!
- Head to the Wild Hare for some reggae sounds and dancing! Click HERE
- Learn a new terpene!
- Minorities for Medical Cannabis is a Florida based organization that supports the racial inclusion in cannabis. I just found out about them, and you should too: Minorities For Medical Marijuana
Last but certainly not least, join me and the members of Chicago NORML for our membership drive and 420 celebration THIS FRIDAY!!! For tickets and info, click HERE!
Got some 420 plans? Comment below, I’m nosey!!