Happy October blogees! This month is very special because around the world, people are rocking pink and showing love for breast cancer survivors and victims. Clear As Smoke is here to remind you that yes, cannabis aids in the relief of symptoms from breast cancer too!
Facts about breast cancer:
- 1 in 8 women in the US will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
Remember, cannabis is not used to CURE breast cancer. However, there are reports of people reducing the number of cancer cells or eliminating their cancer altogether with the use of cannabis.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that marijuana may ease the following caused by a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment:
- hot flashes
- loss of appetite
A study proving CBD inhibits a gene called Id-1 was observed by Manuel Guzman, an expert on cannabinoids and cancer. Id-1 is believed to trigger the metastatic process responsible for spreading cells from the original breast tumor to other parts of the body such as the brain and lungs. “This is the first evidence that a cannabinoid can target the expression of an important breast cancer metastasis gene,”; said Guzman. That’s big news!
For more information on breast cancer and cannabis, check out the following links:
Make sure to support your local breast cancer fundraiser or charity. Survivors, Clear As Smoke loves you and is here to fight with you!!